Sartirano family has been in the wine business since 1871. The company development started in 1910,with Giovanni Sartirano. In 1946, after the war, his sons Pietro and Giovanni continued to build up the business with a single mission: high quality production and marketing of the wines grown by the winery, which was called CANTINE SANSILVESTRO. At the end of the 1980’s the company received new drive when Guido and Paolo joined. In 2002 the Sartirano family purchased 9 hectares land in the middle of Barolo region, just 3 kilometers from the Barolo castle. The estate is southwest facing, 360 meters above sea-level and includes a natural lake called "Lago della Ghercina". There has been built the new 5.000 square meters San Silvestro wine-cellar.